Need a way to treat your Varicose Vein through Drug-Less Treatment?
Namaskar from Yogashray Sewayatan
- Obesity or obese
- Dietetic errors
- Lack of exercise
- Standing for long periods
- Wearing tight clothes
Signs & Symptoms –
- Veins that are dark purple or blue in color
- Veins that appear twisted and bulging; often like cords on your legs
- An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
- Itching around one or more of your veins
- A painful cord in the vein with red discoloration of the skin
- Color changes, hardening of the vein, inflammation of the skin or skin ulcers near your ankle
- Warm water enema should be administered
- Daily alternate hot and cold hip bath is very valuable.
- Hot Epsom salt bath is also very valuable and should be taken twice a week.
- Mud therapy and steam bath twice a week.
- Cold packs should be applied to the affected part.
Leg pack is useful in varicose vein. A wet cotton cloth of about 3” width and 2-3 meters length may be wrapped for about 30 minutes to the leg. This cotton pack may be covered with a woollen cloth of same width and length. Ensure that pack should not be very tight.
Dietetic & Lifestyle Measures
By Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj
Consultant (Diet & Lifestyle)
- Take rest in between prolonged long standing hours.
- Patient should adopt a healthy diet plan including steamed vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, carrots, turnips, cauliflower and soaked/sprouted legumes.
- Raw vegetables juices especially carrot juice in combination with spinach juice have proved highly beneficial in the treatment of varicose veins.
- All condiments, white sugar and white salt products should be strictly avoided
- High-fiber food — Fiber helps improve heart health and is also necessary for healthy digestive functions. Eating 30–40 grams of fiber every day is a great way to prevent constipation, which can cause bloating and increased pressure on the veins around the abdomen and legs.
- Vitamin C is a powerful anti-inflammatory and beneficial for skin health.
- Sleeping with feet raised slightly above the level of the heart helps the blood flow away from ankles.
- Mobility helps general circulation. Walking, swimming is beneficial as the movements of leg muscles help push the blood upward.
- When seated for prolonged hours elevate your feet and rest your legs on a chair or stool.
- Stockings & round garters should never be worn continuously, especially when seated for a long time.
- High-antioxidant foods — Antioxidants, such as flavonoids (present in berries), vitamin C and vitamin E (both present in green veggies and citrus fruits), help strengthen veins, fight inflammation and improve arterial circulation
- Natural diuretics — Doctors sometimes use diuretic pills to help increase urination and reduce water retention or swelling. You can get the same effect safely by consuming things like fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, and basil), fennel, dandelion greens, cucumber, asparagus and celery.
- Magnesium-rich foods — Blood pooling, blood pressure problems and leg cramps (like restless leg syndrome) are warning signs of deficiencies in electrolytes like potassium and magnesium. To overcome these symptoms, increase intake of things like leafy greens, avocado, bananas, cruciferous veggies and sweet potatoes.
- Hazel on varicose veins helps lower swelling and improves their appearance within just a few weeks.
- Patient should take vitamin E and C in therapeutic doses; this will relieve him of pain and leg cramps associated with varicose veins. Vitamin E is known to help prevent blood clots, acts like a natural blood thinner
- Sit on a chair with feet on the ground and hands clasping the knees. While taking a deep breath raise the heel, keeping the toes fixed on the ground the hands clasping the knees goes upwards. The shoulders are raised up at the sometime. Then while breathing out reverse the movement that is bring the heels down. Perform this in a rhythmic continuous manner. Contractions of calf muscle bring in action, the muscle pump to squeeze and push the blood towards the heart. Simultaneously taking a deep breath creates negative pressure in the chest to pull the blood from front raising shoulders, help in deep inspiration. Repeat 10 times.
- Repeat the above but this time apply pressure on the knees and raise knees against resistance and shoulders are hunched up. Apply same pressure while bringing knees down. Repeat 10 times.
- Repeat the above taking short breath in quick succession combined with foot flexion knee rising and shoulder elevation as in above exercise. Repeat it 10 times.
- Repeat the above with alternately closing 1 nostril to breath in combining, foot flexion, knee raising and shoulder elevation as above. Repeat 10 times.
- Take deep breath while straightening the back. Breathe out through mouth pronouncing OM while slowly bending forward. Keep rocking during straightening and bending. Repeat 5 times.
- Combined with breathing all the body muscles from face to foot are exercised in a single rhythmic flow. Contraction of leg muscles with negative pressure in chest during inspiration empties the veins of lower limbs and prevents varicose veins and ankle edema. Hunching of shoulders aids deep inspiration.
For any feedback, queries.Please write back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Board :- Yogacharya Smt. Sunita Sharma, Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj, Dr. Trilok Sharma, Naturocure & Yoga expert Poonam Sharma