Sleep Well to Live Well
Struggling to sleep or have trouble staying awake during the day. Difficulty falling asleep at night? Difficulty paying attention or remembering? Not feeling well-rested after a night’s sleep?
Side Effects of Sleeping Pills include indigestion, Skin Disorders, lowered resistance to infection, circulatory & respiratory problems, poor appetite, High Blood Pressure, Kidney & Liver Problems and mental Confusion.
Naturecure Treatment of Insomnia
In this month’s issue, of The Natural Path December 2017 focusses on Yogashray Sewayatan unique approach which focus on your self understanding of your own unique nature or constitution, so that how you interact with your environment that lead you toward better health. We also address how Insomnia can be treated through Drug-less treatment based on befitting behaviours, factors that are causing sleeping disorder. How sleep can be restored naturally without the use and dependency of addictive sleeping pills.
Learn more about controlled breathing technique through Mudra Pranayam which help in inducing sleep that bring your mind’s attention helps you break the train of your everyday thoughts to evoke the relaxation response.
Causes of Insomnia
Some conditions or situations that commonly lead to insomnia include:
- Medical conditions-Physical discomfort, chronic pains, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ,Congestive Heart Failure,Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Acid Reflux, Hypertension, Urinary problems, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease
- Neurological diseases like Depression, Anxiety, Stress etc.
- Working in different shifts
- PCOD, PMS
- Deficiency of Magnesium and Iron
- Substance abuse -Consuming Caffeine, Alcohol, Cigarette
- Overeating at night
- Lifestyle oriented
Shatkarma Kriyas: Practice of Kunjal and Jal Neti is advantageous in Insomnia.
- Spine & Shoulder Therapy
- Cold Hip Bath
- Neutral Spray bath to spine
- Leg pack
- Neutral immersion bath with Epsom salt
- Cold compress to neck before sleep
- An alternate Hot & Cold Foot bath at bed time
- Neutral wet sheet pack
Mud Therapy Treatments:
- A partial mud pack on abdomen, forehead and eyes.
- Mud Bath
- Barefoot walking in the garden or early morning walking on dew drops.
As per Ayurvedic concepts, Insomnia is an vata disorder having an improper diet and lifestyle aggravation of Vata (Air) that travels through the channels of the head causing sleeplessness. Vata dosha is responsible for movement, activity and thinking process. Ayurveda Panchkarma treatments like Shirobasti, Shirodhara, Shiro Pichu, Nasyam etc as per advice of doctors. Ghrit Neti and Ghrit Massage of sole before going to sleep enhances good sleep.
LDM Meditation Technique
With years of in-depth research, Yogashray Sewayatan Health experts have created an integrated LDM Meditation Technique, vibrations emanating from sounds uplifts one’s level of consciousness connecting mind & body so intimately that induces deep relaxation which foster a deep mental clarity, bestow physical and mental healing ultimately reaching a state of bliss. It has been observed hat the practise of LDM Meditation relieves from Insomnia.
Yoga is not limited to improving core strength and flexibility but also help to sleep better. A national survey found that over 55% of people who did yoga found that it helped them get better sleep. Regular practise of Surya Namskar, Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Supta Pawanmukhtasana, Sarvangasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Vajrasana, Matsyasana, Paschimottasana & Shavasana may be performed under supervision of a Yoga Expert.
Discover Diet Solutions what works best for you.
- Best Low-Protein/High-Carb Foods For Serotonin Production
- Dairy products (milk, low-fat yogurt, cheese)
- Nuts and seeds (flax, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts)
- Green leafy vegetables like kale are loaded with calcium, which helps the brain use tryptophan to manufacture melatonin.
- Chlorophyll rich food, Microalgae, Whole grain, Mushrooms, Fruits especially Mulberries, Jujube seeds & Chia seed, Basil
Exclude: White Flour products & Sugar
SB Katara 78 yrs gentlemen from New Delhi. Retired Principal. He presented to us with Insomnia, Hypotension, was on medicines, then gained knowledge about Yogashray Sewayatan Naturopathy Center through Facebook & Instagram contacted and took treatment as indoor patient. He was given Naturopathy, Ayurveda Panchkarma, Meditation & Mudra Pranayam treatments with naturopathy diet. After few days, he was amazed to see great difference in his Blood pressure. He started sleeping without taking any medicines and he was feeling de-stress, relax and calm.
Editorial Board :- Yogacharya Smt. Sunita Sharma, Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj, Dr. Trilok Sharma, Naturocure & Yoga expert Poonam Sharma