NATURE CURE TREATMENT OF GASTRITIS
WHAT THE PAIN OF GASTRITIS FEEL LIKE?
In Ayurveda, aggravation of Pitta Dosha happens due to improper dietary habits. Aggravated Pitta impairs the body’s digestive fire, leading to improper digestion of food and production of ama (toxins) accumulated in the body and increases the levels of gases in the stomach, causing the condition of Gastritis.
Namaskar From Yogashray Sewayatan
- Bacterial Infection
- Regular Use of Pain relievers
- Excessive Alcohol use
- Older Age
Shatkarma Kriya: Practice of Kunjal
- Hot & Cold Fomentation
- Cold Hip Bath
- Neutral water enema water retention for at least 5-10 minutes
Mud Therapy Treatments:
- Mud Packs on Stomach
Yoga Chikitsa As a Therapy
- Vajrasana or The Thunder Pose
- Bhadrasana or Hero pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Matsyendrasana or Seated spinal twist pose
- Pawanmuktasana or The Wind Relieving Pose
Ayurveda Panchkarma Treatments
Pre-purification therapies are applied to loosen the toxins, open up the circulation channels.
Vasti- is an enema therapy introduced through the anal route for the evacuation of accumulated toxins and metabolic wastes. Honey, rock salt, herbal decoctions are the main ingredients used in vasti.
Swedan- By sweating, process cleans the channels thoroughly and helps control the doshas.
Dietetic & Lifestyle Measures
By Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj
Consultant (Diet & Lifestyle)
- Carrot Juice in combination with juice of spinach is beneficial for the gastritis patient.
- Coconut water excellent remedy for gastritis.
- Take fruit & juices such as apple, pear, grapes, grapefruit, orange, pineapple, peach and melon.
- Drink 10 glasses of water daily but water should not be taken with meals as it dilutes the digestive juices and delays digestion.
- Avoid fatty and greasy foods, Tomatoes and other tomato based products, Cabbage, Broccoli, Beans, Non-veg, Eggs, Peppermint, Chocolates,Ice cream, Cream, Chips, Milk, and other dairy products
- Avoid Cranberry juice and other Citrus juice
- Avoid Alcohol, coffee and other caffeine-containing foods
- Avoid Milkshakes, oils, vegetable oils
Gastritis is a common health problem in today time. Mudra Pranayam is useful to treat gastritis works on the principles of balancing Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). Regular practice for 30 minutes daily is enough to get good results. Before practicing Mudra pranayam it is very important to know which dosha is inbalanced.
Editorial Board :- Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj, Yogacharya Smt. Sunita Sharma, Dr. Trilok Sharma, Naturocure & Yoga expert Poonam Sharma