In this month’s issue, of The Natural Path March 2018 we’ll take a look at how you can manage depression through Drug-Less Naturopathy, Yoga, LDM Meditation treatment and prevent its recurrence. Knowing about the causes and symptoms for depression can guide you with proper diagnosis and treatment to overcome it.
What is Depression?
Depression is a medical illness that can interfere with your ability to handle your daily activities, such as sleeping, eating, feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities, emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at professionally and at home.
Physical & Psychological Symptoms as well as Mental Stress and Strain in day to day living leads to Depression.
- Feelings of Acute sense of Loss & inexplicable sadness
- Loss of energy & interest
- Sleep Disturbance
- Difficulty in getting sleep on going to bed at Night
- Suffers from Guilt, Oppressive Feelings & Self Absorption
- Aches & pains all over body
- Loss of Appetite
At Yogashray Sewayatan before a diagnosis or treatment, our Doctors conduct a thorough diagnostic evaluation, ask for routine medical test to identify symptoms, medical and family history and other factors to arrive at a diagnosis and plan a course of treatment.
Shodhit Mud Therapy
- Spine & Shoulder Therapy
- Shankhabhishek Therapy
Pranayam is beneficial in treating depression and other related disorders, improving autonomic functions,relieving, and reducing signs of oxidative stress. Practice of pranayam develops a steady mind, strong will-power, and sound judgment and extends life and enhances perception. Pranayam will have greater impact on reducing depression and improve the emotional status of patients.
Meditation practice help brain better manage stress and anxiety that trigger depression. Meditation help in think better and work smarter by increasing creativity, work performance, ability to focus and other cognitive skills delivering substantial improvements in mental well-being, happiness, life satisfaction.
Ayurveda Panchkarma Treatments
Shirodhara is an Panchakarma procedure for balancing the Doshas which induces a peaceful state of awareness resulting in a dynamic psycho-somatic balance through continuous pouring of oil on the forehead stimulates and soothes the hypothalamus to induce sleep. Shirodhara boosts the immune system and improves the blood circulation around the head and face.
Dietetic & Lifestyle Measures
By Dr. Nandini Bharadwaj
Consultant (Diet & Lifestyle)
- Tryptophan an amino acid that helps to promote serotonin the Happy Hormone. Tryptophan are found in beans, nuts & seeds.Banana rich source of potassium and are full of Tryptophan which helps in stabilizing our moods & wards off depression.
- Foods rich in antioxidants like green leafy vegetables, carrots, yellow pepper, red pepper, strawberries, avocados help reduce or reverse the damage caused by free radicals.
- Fresh green vegetables, unroasted seeds, sprouted seeds
- Beans & Legumes in the diet for adequate protein
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
- Avoid Alcohol, coffee and other caffeine-containing foods