Mood Swings refer to rapid minor daily mood changes or to significant mood changes . Individuals who are not able to face challenges or difficulties in life may be more likely to experience sudden, unexplained changes in mood they may find themselves experiencing frequent and varied mood swings. Issues regarding identity, self-image, and acceptance may contribute to these emotional changes. When a person experiences high levels of stress, even a small negative occurrence might lead to abrupt shifts in mood.
- Mental health conditions such as bipolar, borderline personality, depression, schizophrenia, attention deficit hyperactivity, and addiction
- Stress, emotional overwhelm, and other types of emotional distress
- poor or inadequate sleep can cause irritability and stress,
- Hormonal changes and related conditions like premenstrual syndrome, post menopausal The menopausal transition, specifically the time around approaching menopause or perimenopause,
- Dementia or other conditions that affect the central nervous system
- Thyroid conditions
“PEOPLE WHO HAVE SLEEPING DISORDERS ARE AT INCREASED RISK FOR DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL DISORDERS, DEPRESSION & ANXIETY’’
Mood swings can often be treated. However When they are not treated, they may contribute to suicidal tendencies thoughts of self-harm, risky behaviour, or have other negative effects on health and well-being.
Under the guidance of Naturocure physician following therapy can be taken
Lemon water enema
Cold hip bath
Spine & Shoulder hydrotherapy is beneficial
Mood swings can be treated through YOGA & LDM MEDITATION, MUDRA PRANAYAM and HOMA THERAPY along with NADISHODHAN is very much helpful.
SOUND THERAPY– Yogashray Sewayatan has introduced Sound Therapy under guidance of Sound Therapy Experts. Sound has a powerful effect on our emotions. Health disturbances can be managed by using sound energy to balance human body energy.
LIFE STYLE MODIFICATION-
Patients suffering from mood swings should give up things that lead to intoxication.
For better results the bedroom & living areas of such patients should be properly ventilated and open.
Sleep and mood are closely connected, healthy sleep can enhance well-being.
Things like caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, food additives, and highly processed foods, diet high in refined sugars